Generally a cotton thread is used which twists the hair and pulls out a single or row of hair. The hair is pulled from the follicle. Threading is also used to remove hair from other parts of the face like upper lip, chin and sides.
Why is Threading better than waxing, Tweezing, and Razors?
Waxing, Tweezing & Razors
* Waxing tends to burn, peel, and irritate the skin around the eye.
* Repeated waxing increases the chances of wrinkles, especially around the sensitive eye area.
* Tweezing and using of razors increases the chances of in-grown hairs and cutting of the skin.
* Waxing, tweezing, and razors make facial hair grow back thicker and faster.
* Threading is more precise and the hair grows back thinner and slower. There is no burning, peeling or irritation, and is good for getting rid of in-grown hairs.
* Threading can help pull out specific individual hair.
* Facial threading is good alternative to waxing and tweezing, especially for sensitive skin people who are on Retin A and accutane.
* Eyebrow threading not only removes unwanted hair around your eyebrow but also helps to get a precise and defined eyebrow shape.
How often does one have to get Threading done?
It varies from person to person but for eyebrows, usually 2-3 weeks.